Friday, October 29, 2010

Frustrations

I'll admit, I never assumed that the move from junior college to the university was going to be an easy one. Yet, I think I was equally unprepared for what I've encountered so far. At this point, I'm 5 weeks in to the quarter (just over halfway through) and here's where I stand: floundering completely in one class, treading water in another and doing reasonably well in the final class (pending a midterm exam next week). Now, I know that a great deal of the challenges I'm experiencing tie in to my love for other things more than I love school. And I hate being in this position, even if it is self induced. I hate failing or not doing my best in any situation. But after the past the past two years at junior college, I stopped looking at myself as a person who just wasn't the right fit for school and started believing that I was capable of success. Five weeks into the quarter here and I almost feel as though I've completed a 180. I'm struggling with a foreign language and even with a history class that feels like it's being taught in another language. Is it just the case of a rough semester and a rough transition period? Am I in over my head? Or can I adjust and pull another rabbit out of the hat in the next four weeks? I guess it all remains to be seen.

3 comments:

  1. better start bangin your professor.

    In other advice, I think it's just a rough period. Give yourself time to transition into a new environment. There's so much stimulation taking place. Perhaps you could transfer back to AYS (if you haven't already)? I did AYS when I was in college and it was helpful to have that extra time to do hw, read, etc.

    Regardless, you'll be aight. Don't stress it. Be awesome instead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. why is nobody else commenting on this post?? this is a good post, people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks James. I think I will ask about AYS, the bellstand days just seem like a complete waste.

    And, no one reads my blog and if they do they don't like to comment. Which sucks :/

    ReplyDelete